California Proposition 65 Lead Cadmium Phthalates Test Service
What is California Proposition 65?
Proposition 65, known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, was enacted in California in 1986. This Act requires that anyone in the course of doing business who exposes an individual to a chemical "known to the State" to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity must first give a "clear and reasonable" warning. Currently over 740 chemicals are listed by the State of California as known carcinogens or reproductive toxins, and lead is one such chemical. Violators can face fines of up to $2,500 per violation, per day, and each piece sold in California would be considered a separate violation. The Act affects all products sold or distributed in California.
How to comply with Proposition 65
• Determine if your product contains any listed Prop 65 chemical in the product or packaging.
• Identify exposure routes to the chemical from your product (i.e., inhalation, ingestion, absorption, etc.).
• Assess the level of exposure by comparing chemical levels in your product to California's criteria for No Significant Risk Levels (NSRLs) or MADL (Maximum Acceptable Dose Level (MADLs) and generate data showing Risk Level.
• If the exposure is in excess of the California's NSRL or MADL levels, then product must provide the appropriate warning to the consumer.
• Work with a knowledgeable and experienced third-party quality assurance provider/laboratory to assist you with this process.
Founded in 2003, Ningbo GIG Testing Technology Service Co., Ltd(GIG) is a global leader in conformity assessment and certification services in the areas of quality, health and safety, environment and social responsibility.
We go beyond testing, inspecting and certifying products; we help customers improve performance, gain efficiencies in manufacturing and logistics, overcome market constraints, and reduce risk. We've earned a reputation for helping our customers increase the value of their products, gain competitive advantage, and develop trusted brands. Through our services we help our clients to minimise the adverse health and environmental impact of their products and processes for the benefit of society as a whole.
GIG has a professional technical team and advanced experimental physics and chemistry platform. For customers from 224 countries and regions of 5 continents, Whether your business is local or global, we can ensure your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivaled.